A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) establishes the identity of the users while filing or sending documents electronically through the internet. Similar to how a handwritten signature establishes the identity and/or consent of the signee in a paper document, a digital signature certificate establishes the identity and/or of the signee in electronic documents. In India, all Government Departments accept digitally signed documents from CCA approved certifying authorities like Capricorn, eMudhra, Sify, N-Code, vSign etc.
Class 2 Digital Signatures are used to verify the identity of a person against a pre-verified database. This type of Digital Signature is used for efiling of documents with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GST and the Income Tax Department. Class 2 Digital Signatures are issued to a person on a USB token after verifying self-attested copies of identity/address proof. It is Class 2 DSC tokens that are used for company registration, LLP registration, Income Tax return filing, GST registration, GST return filing, MCA annual return filing etc.
Class 2 DSC Total Cost: INR 999.00 including Certificate and token with validity of 2 years from day of issuance.
Documents Required for Class II DSC
- PAN Card of the Applicant
- Driving Licence
- Post Office ID Card
- Bank Account Passbook containing the photograph and signed by an individual with attestation by the concerned Bank official
- A photo ID card issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs of Centre/State Governments
- Any Government-issued photo ID card bearing the signatures of the individual
- AADHAAR Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving Licence (DL)/Registration Certificate (RC)
- Water Bill (Not older than 3 months).
- Electricity Bill (Not older than 3 Months)
- Latest Bank Statements signed by the bank (Not older than 3 Months)
- Service Tax/VAT Tax/Sales Tax registration certificate
- Property Tax/ Corporation/ Municipal Corporation Receipt