Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) was introduced in India by way of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008. The basic premise behind the introduction of Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is to provide a form of business entity that is simple to maintain while providing limited liability to the owners. LLP is an alternative corporate business form that gives the benefits of limited liability as present in a company and the flexibility of a partnership business; In other words, it offers advantages of both worlds by bringing simplicity in management akin to partnership firms and scope of expansion like that of a company. The biggest advantage of LLP form of business over a Pvt Ltd Company is in the fact that there is less compliance requirement in comparison to a Company. Limited Liability Partnership is the easiest corporate legal structure in India. LLP registration in India is governed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Companies Act, 2013 and the Companies Incorporation Rules, 2014. To register a LLP, a minimum of two designated partners are required.
Total Cost: INR 10,000.00 inclusive of Government Fee, DSC, DIN, Name Approval and Professional Fee. (The price is for 2 Designated Partners only, additional Designated Partner will cost INR 1500.00 for each Designated Partner)
Documents required for
Scanned copy of the following documents is required to incorporate a LLP.
- Colour Photographs of all the Designated Partners/Partners
- PAN Card of all the Designated Partners/Partners
- Identity Proof (Voter ID / Driving License/ Passport)
- Address Proof (Bank Statement / Electricity, Mobile, Telephone Bill)
- Proof of Registered Office ( Land Document / Notarised Rent Agreement or Lease Agreement along with latest money receipt)
- Utility Bill as proof must be Latest (Electricity Bill, Gas Bill or Water Bill or Property Tax Bill)
- NOC from the owner of the premises whose name is mentioned in Land Documents and Utility bill.
** Utility bills shall not be older than 2 months.
The name must be unique and acceptable, as defined by the Companies Act, 2013 or Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008. The name cannot be the same or similar to an existing company or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or trademark in the same field or class.
Check Company name on ministry of Corporate Affairs database:
In the Company or LLP Name, enter the proposed company or LLP Name and click search. The list will show the list of Company and LLPs in existence with similar name. If the search returns “No records found”, then there are no similar companies or LLPs with similar name.
Check Trademarks on ipindia database:
Search proposed name in the respective classes. To know more about trademark classes contact us.
After Incorporation what you get:
DSC for 2 Designated Partners
DIN for 2 Designated Partners
Certificate of Incorporation
Supporting Document for opening Bank Account
GST Registration Certificate*
* If opted for GST Registration then only GST Registration Certificate will be given.