Producer Company is the most popular type of corporate legal structure in India. Producer company registration in India is governed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Companies Act, 1956 and the Companies Incorporation Rules, 2014. To register a Producer company, a minimum of ten shareholders and five directors are required. A natural person can be both a director and shareholder, while a corporate legal entity can only be a shareholder. Further, foreign nationals, foreign corporate entities or NRIs are allowed to be Directors and/or Shareholders of a Company with Foreign Direct Investment, making it the preferred choice of entity for foreign promoters.
A Producer Company shall have the objective of production, harvesting, procurement, grading, pooling, handling, marketing, selling, export of primary produce of the Members or import of goods or services for their benefit. Produce are things that have been produced or grown, especially by farming. Therefore, a Producer Company deals primarily with agriculture and post harvest processing activities.
Total Cost: INR 36,000.00 including Government Fee, DSC, DIN, Name Approval, PAN & TAN Fee and Professional Fee. (The price is for 5 Directors and 10 Shareholders only, additional Director or shareholder will cost INR 1500.00 for each director or shareholder)
Documents required for
Scanned copy of the following documents is required to incorporate a Producer company.
- Colour Photographs of all the Promoters
- PAN Card of all the Promoter
- Identity Proof (Voter ID / Driving License/ Passport)
- Address Proof (Bank Statement / Electricity, Mobile, Telephone Bill)
- Proof of Registered Office ( Land Document / Notarised Rent Agreement or Lease Agreement along with latest money receipt)
- Utility Bill as proof must be Latest (Electricity Bill, Gas Bill or Water Bill or Property Tax Bill)
- NOC from the owner of the premises whose name is mentioned in Land Documents and Utility bill.
- Producer Certificate from Competent Authority
** Utility bills shall not be older than 2 months.
*** The registered Office address need not to be a commercial space; it can be your residence too.
Check Company name on ministry of Corporate Affairs database:
In the Company or LLP Name, enter the proposed company or LLP Name and click search. The list will show the list of Company and LLPs in existence with similar name. If the search returns “No records found”, then there are no similar companies or LLPs with similar name.
Check Trademarks on ipindia database:
Search proposed name in the respective classes. To know more about trademark classes contact us.
After Incorporation what you get:
DSC for 10 Share Holders
DIN for 10 Directors / Share Holders
Company PAN & TAN (Digitally signed Soft Copy)
MOA and AOA
Company Incorporation Certificate
Supporting Document for opening Bank Account
GST Registration Certificate*
* If opted for GST Registration then only GST Registration Certificate will be given.